List:       fop-user
Subject:    text-align="justify" issues
From:       "Puppala, Kumar \(LNG-CON\)" <kumar.puppala () LexisNexis ! com>
Date:       2007-08-29 14:28:58

We have been using apache fop 0.20.5 and are planning to switch to .94
version. One difference I noticed between the two is when we have
text-align="justify" set on an fo:block. I don't see the text justified
properly as it used to do in the previous version( 0.20.5). The text is
rendered in dual column layout. If the text was rendered in Single
column layout, the very first line of the paragraph seems to be off
compared to the other lines. However, the remaining lines seem to be
justified properly. Are there any known issues here? I was going through
the 'known Issues' list for fop 0.94 and it does mention about word
spacing not working as expected. The corresponding testcase is named
block_word_spacing_text_align_justify.xml. There is not a whole lot of
information provided on this issue. For the pudits on this forum, do you
see any correlation between the issue I am facing and the one already
documented? If so, are there any workarounds.

PS: The same problem was also seem in 0.93 version.