List:       fop-user
Subject:    Using custom fonts - help with unwanted substitution
From:       "Gabriel Birke" <gabriel.birke () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-06-04 10:02:41

Hello,

I'm trying to use a custom font. I have successfully created the font
metrics and with the Oxygen XML editor everything works perfect.
However, I want to use the command line utility (fop) and every time I
use it, I get the font substitution warning.

At the end of this mail you can see the current version of my config.xml
I have already tried the following approaches:
- Absolute and relative paths (the latter with base and font-base tags)
- File paths and file:// URLs
- The embed-file instead of embed-url attribute.

I triple-checked that the font files are really there. I verified that
the config file is really used. Is something wrong with my config
file? Or is it because I use Mac OS X?

Here is my config file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<fop version="1.0">
    <fonts>
kerning="yes"
            embed-url="file:///Volumes/Daten/Programmieren/xml-rechnung/AvantGarde-Book.ttf">
kerning="yes"
            embed-url="file:///Volumes/Daten/Programmieren/xml-rechnung/AvantGarde-Demi.ttf">
    </fonts>
</fop>