List:       fop-user
Subject:    Re: fop 0.93: postscript page-size+landscape
From:       Jeremias Maerki <dev () jeremias-maerki ! ch>
Date:       2007-03-22 21:21:24

That's because if you print a PostScript file through a Windows printer
driver, the printer driver doesn't touch the file (RAW mode) and
therefore cannot do any tray handling. So no matter what you set in the
Windows printer driver, it won't have any effect on how the document is
printed.

It is possible to select a different tray by using a special FO
extension for the PostScript renderer to insert special PostScript
commands. But you have to know the exact command for your printer to get
that done (it depends on the printer). The extension is described here:
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/ExtensionsForPostScript

On 22.03.2007 14:18:27 Bert Strobbe wrote:
> Thanks Jeremias, this seems to work.
> But now I have another question. If I define (on a Windows server) a
> printer and set the default tray to tray 2, everything I print except PS
> is sent to that tray. When I print a PS file, it's printed on paper from
> tray 1. Is it possible that the PS file contains data that indicates
> tray 1 has to be chosen in stead of the default tray of the printer?
>
> Bert
<snip/>

Jeremias Maerki