List:       fop-user
Subject:    RE: Newbie needs help controlling line wrap in PDF
From:       "Dan Carwin" <dcarwin () covalent ! net>
Date:       2006-10-18 23:16:13

Thanks Jay,

Here is an example of the kind of text block that falls off the page:

<section>
        <title>DB libraries</title>

        <para>Please note that compat-db package is required on Linux
platform
        as the dynamically linked libdb.so.3 library depends on the
compat-db
        libraries. Some of Linux systems, for example RedHat AS4, do not
have
        this package installed by default.</para>

        <para>In the absence of this package, the following error occurs
        during server startup:</para>

        <para><programlisting>httpsd.prefork: error while loading shared
libraries: libdb.so.3: cannot open shared
  object file: No such file or directory
  Server start FAILED</programlisting></para>

        <para>There is a workaround for this error. See: <ulink

url="https://www.covalent.net/kb/index.html?kba_id=414&amp;drop_product=
&amp;drop_category=&amp;drop_subproduct=&amp;txt_search=414&amp;drop_sea
rchby=article+id">Covalent
        Knowledge Base Article ID: 414</ulink> The workaround is to
create a
        symbolic link to an existing DB library.</para>
      </section>
    </section>

It is the first line of the <programlisting> element which will not
wrap, as well as the url portion of the <ulink> element.
Note that the <programlisting> element does have spaces.

I'll read up on XSLT to see if I can write a transform.

Thanks,
Dan