List:       fop-user
Subject:    Embedding Japanese fonts in PDF
From:       Partha <partha74 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2006-02-28 23:07:04

I followed the instructions in the documentation for
generating xml for the font.  I created an XML file
for the MSGothic font.  I included this in my
userconfig.xml.  I created a JSP which references this
userconfig.xml.

<%@ page import='org.apache.fop.apps.Options'%>

String userConfig =
"d:\\oracle\\database\\oc4j\\j2ee\\fop-0.20.5\\conf\\userconfig.xml";

File userConfigFile = new File(userConfig);
Options options = new Options(userConfigFile);

  I have an xslt file which uses FO inline font to use
the MSGothic font.  However the PDF still displays
junk characters instead of the japanese characters.

The XML data is in utf-8 format coming from HTMLDB
(oracle database).

What else do I need to do?   The server is a windows
server with english o/s.  Iam accessing the server
from my local laptop through the HTMLDB application.