List:       fop-user
Subject:    Re: Re how to embed a font programatically
From:       Jeremias Maerki <dev () jeremias-maerki ! ch>
Date:       2006-02-23 10:55:56

Have you seen my other post? I've implemented exactly what I proposed to
you and put it in FOP Trunk:

More comments inline...

On 23.02.2006 07:02:33 Karl Roberts wrote:
> Hi I built a  URIResolver that reads URL's like:
>
> servlet-context:/WEB-INF/metric.xml
>
> And it works fine, however when it encounters a URL that doesn't match
> the servlet-context scheme I return null.

That's correct IMO. It's what I did.

> However I then get an NullPointerException
> Caused by: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at
> com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.transform(T
> ransformerImpl.java:647)
> 	at
> com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.transform(T
> ransformerImpl.java:279)

Hmm, I don't get these with my implementation. TransformerException is
not the real exception. Look further down in the stack trace where you
should find the right place where the exception occurred. The above
doesn't really help. Setting an exception breakpoint for
NullPointerException will also be useful.

> I do return null from my URIResolver in the cases where the scheme
> doesn't match the one I'm after, and FOURIResolver kicks in, but it
> never seems to come back to my URIResolver.
> Should I instead delegate to FOURIResolver rather than return null?

No, I don't think so. There must be something else that's wrong. Can you
try my implementation instead?
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/fop/servlet/ServletContextURIResolver.java

<snip/>

Jeremias Maerki