List:       fop-user
Subject:    Re: FOP and EntityResolver
From:       Simon Pepping <spepping () leverkruid ! nl>
Date:       2005-11-30 19:52:36

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 02:41:25PM +0100, Andreas Grund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a short problem with FOP:
> I want to publish an xml document to pdf using an xsl-stylesheet and FOP. The \
> doctype-declaration of my xml file contains a DTD used for validation. I wrote a \
> method as it is shown in the examples. I use a javax.xml.transform.Transformer and \
> a javax.xml.transform.sax.SAXResult to publish my content. Every time I call the \
> method transformer.transform, I get a FileNotFoundException with the system id of \
> the given DTD. Is it possible to add a EntityResolver to FOP, so that this resolver \
> resolves the DTD correctly?

The FOP source file src/documentation/content/xdocs/DnI/BookMaker.java
(http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/documentation/content/xdocs/DnI/BookMaker.java)
 presents an example for FOP stable. It is similar in spirit to
Jeremias' and Lars' solutions, but it also shows how you can use a
URIResolver for stylesheet inclusions.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping