List:       fop-user
Subject:    Re: conditional-page-master-reference and last()
From:       JBryant () s-s-t ! com
Date:       2005-05-18 16:43:58

Hi, Lou,

I got nowhere with my idea, unfortunately, because there's no element that
wraps the page sequences that call on the different masters. However, I
had another thought:

You must have a page-sequence that references the mainSequence master.
Have you tried adding a special at the end of that?

<fo:page-sequence master-reference="mainSequence">
  <fo:flow flow-name="mainFlow"
    <!-- content goes here -->
    <fo:block line-height="0" id="end"/>
  </fo:flow>
</fo:page>

Then you can get the last page number with <fo:page-number-citation
ref-id="end"/>

I did this in the stylesheet I wrote for the XSLT spec a while back, but I
wasn't using conditional masters. You can find that project at
http://www.bryantcs.com/fop if you want to look at the stylesheet.

As you can tell, I'm pretty much just "thinking out loud", so any given
idea I have may not work out well.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

Louis.Masters@log-net.com
05/17/2005 06:31 AM
Please respond to
fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org

fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: conditional-page-master-reference and last()

Jay:

The union of the two page sets sounds interesting - if you have an
example,
could you please post it.  I would like to take a look at implemting it.

Right now, I'm trying to convince the requestor to accept that only the
last page will have a message (something like "end of pages") and then
simply putting either a text block or a footnote at the end of the flow.
If they don't accept this, I'll be posting again for more help.

Thanks,
Lou

                      JBryant@s-s-t.co
                      m                        To:
fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
                                               cc:
                      05/16/2005 18:02         Subject: Re:
conditional-page-master-reference and last()
                      Please respond
                      to fop-users

Hi, Lou,

last() is working correctly (getting the last node in a node set), but
that's not much comfort.

My only thought on this one is to apply last() to the union of the two
page sets. Unfortunately, I don't have time to generate a test case and
fiddle with it. Maybe you can use the idea, though.