List:       fop-user
Subject:    Re: no default font defined by OutputConverter
From:       Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2004-01-29 14:30:30

Subbareddy Kalakota wrote:

> Hi
> I am getting this exception, do I need to set the default font to the
> Driver any where
> I am using fo:block tag with font-size, color, font-style attributes
>  inside fo:flow and fo:static-content
>
> Driver.getContentHandler method  throwing this exception

So you're embedding FOP and generating a PDF from XML and XSL files?
Does your code look anything like the example here:

http://xml.apache.org/fop/embedding.html#render-with-xslt

For better diagnosis it would help to know a bit more about what you're
doing. ALso which version of FOP are you using?

> javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
> org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: no default font defined by OutputConverter
>         at
> org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.java(Compiled
> Code))
>         at
> org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemApplyTemplates.transformSelectedNodes(ElemApplyTemplates.java(Compiled
> Code))

This exception looks odd. Where did you get this trace from? By running
fop with -d and then copy&paste from shell/command line window?

Try running just the XSLT transformation from the command line on the
XSL and XML file to produce an FO file and then check the file to make
sure this isnt a problem in your XSLT stylesheet.

<snip/>

Chris