List:       fop-user
Subject:    Re: Content in trailing section
From:       vakkaraju () intellequip ! com
Date:       2003-03-27 17:54:12

Hi,

We used to get these errors -- "Content is not allowed in trailing section"
and "Content is not allowed in Prolog" -- when there are some unmatched
elements in xml. By matching all the children of top most node in xml we
could get rid of these errors(if you don't want some elements, you can do
an empty match, like <xsl:template match="xyz"/>). Hope this helps.

Vishnu.

> ---------+---------------------------->
> > Celine Murphy    |
> > <cmurphy@hemscott|
> > .co.uk>          |
> > >
> > 03/27/2003 11:22 |
> > AM               |
> > Please respond to|
> > fop-user         |
> > >
> ---------+---------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                   \
|  |       To:       "Fop-User (E-mail)" <fop-user@xml.apache.org>                    \
|  |       cc:                                                                        \
|  |       Subject:  Content in trailing section                                      \
|  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi,

Has anyone ever experienced this type of error?

[INFO] [2]
[Fatal Error] output.xml:3729:1: Content is not allowed in trailing
section.
[ERROR] Content is not allowed in trailing section.

It seems that somewhere in the transformation a part of the file is
actually being written to at the bottom of the file. Hence the error. If I
delete the files and start over then their is no error. It is only when the
files are being overwritten that I get this error.

Does anyone know if the file is deleted and a new one written out or does
the transformation overwrite the original file and if the lengths of the
files are different it leaves a part of the old file? Although it happens
even if my changes are minimal - ie no file length difference. - (it
doesn't happen all the time ie sometimes if the files are not deleted the
error does not occur.)

Anybody any ideas??

Thanks in advance,

Celine

If you are not the intended recipient, you should not copy, retransmit or
use the e-mail and/or files transmitted with it and should not disclose
their contents. In such a case, please notify netwebmaster@hemscott.co.uk
and delete the message from your own system. Any opinions expressed in this
e-mail and/or files transmitted with it that do not relate to the official
business of this company are those solely of the author and should not be
interpreted as being endorsed by this company.