List:       fop-user
Subject:    adding a newline in a block
From:       Eric Smith <Eric.Smith () fruitcom ! com>
Date:       2001-10-31 18:39:21

I like to have a newline within a block say to divide chapter, like
I would have:
<fo:block>
Chapter text goes here and
is ....
quite ...
a ...
few ...
lines ...
long ...
Then I want a newline (or two)

Chapter two
goes ...
here ...
</fo:block>

I started putting something like
<chapter_break/>
in the xml, and then creating an extra block in the fo output and
this worked, but some fo processors don't like it and I believe
that
what I do breaks some rules, what is the simplest / best way to have a
visible newline (or two) in the output, without creating another
<fo:block>?

thanx
--
Eric Smith - currently xalan and fop on linux