List:       fop-dev
Subject:    Re: Your kind help
From:       Pascal Sancho <pascal.sancho () takoma ! fr>
Date:       2011-06-15 7:28:08

Hi Daisuke

As you suspected it, this list is not for FOP usage, but FOP internals.
In the future, you should ask such kind of questions on FOP-Users list
(see [1] for details).
That said, FOP displays a '#' when a character is not available in
configured fonts.
To handle Japanese characters you have to ensure by yourself that FOP
uses fonts that contain such characters.
See [2] about fonts config in FOP.

[1]  http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/resources.html#Apache-FOP
[2]  http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.0/fonts.html

--