List:       fop-dev
Subject:    Re: TrueType Font Embedding
From:       mehdi houshmand <med1985 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-11-23 10:51:37

Hi Jeremias,

Without trying to flog a dead horse here, would you mind if I changed
your TTFSubSetFile.GlpyhHandler interface by putting in the
implementation from PSFontUtils (i.e. making it an inner class rather
than an interface).  My reason for this change is that I'm creating
unit tests, so that I can implement the changes we discussed above
confidently. I do appreciate that this would be slightly
counter-intuitive but I do think my reason is a valid one since unit
tests (and regression testing) is one area that the fonts package is
in dire need of. Anyway, is this something you have any particular
objections to?

By the way, I'd like to think that generating "proper" CMaps would be
the "correct" solution, if there is a correct solution. I'm not sure
how difficult that would be, I'm still a little green in terms of
fonts and how PS/PDF interpret them.

Mehdi