List:       fop-dev
Subject:    Re: svn commit: r1003845 -
From:       Simon Pepping <spepping () leverkruid ! eu>
Date:       2010-10-02 18:37:28

On Sat, Oct 02, 2010 at 05:48:07PM -0000, spepping@apache.org wrote:
> Author: spepping
> Date: Sat Oct  2 17:48:07 2010
> New Revision: 1003845

> Log:
> Remove unused methods from Hyphenator; this leaves a utility class
>
> Modified:
>     xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/fop/hyphenation/Hyphenator.java

When I wanted to add configurability for hyphenation pattern file
names, I had to analyse the callers of a lot of Hyphenator methods, to
see if they needed access to the configuration. It turned out that
several methods were never called from within FOP. Even the Hyphenator
constructor is not called from within FOP, so that there never is a
Hyphenator object in FOP. I removed these methods because it
facilitates working on FOP's code, and saves a lot of time. Of course,
there is a remote possibility that these public methods are used by an
external application, but that is so remote as to be beyond my
horizon.

Simon

--
Simon Pepping