List:       fop-dev
Subject:    Re: New feature: Intermediate Format
From:       "Jay Bryant" <jay () bryantcs ! com>
Date:       2006-01-17 16:33:56

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremias Maerki" <dev@jeremias-maerki.ch>
To: <fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 8:47 AM
Subject: New feature: Intermediate Format

> As most of you will have see in the meantime, I've committed [1] the
> first version of the "Intermediate Format" which I started to describe
> in [1] about 6 months ago. I've already started to document it [3]. If
> there are any big question marks about it, I'm glad to explain more and
> improve the documentation.
>
> [1] http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?rev=369753&view=rev
> [2] http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/AreaTreeIntermediateXml
> [3] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/intermediate.html
>
> Jeremias Maerki
>
> PS: I've redeployed the FOP website a few minutes ago.

I'm sure that, over time, many folks will find IF to be handy for solving
their problems.

I don't have an immediate use for it, but I am finding that the complexity
of my projects is increasing as new clients bring new requirements.
Consequently, I expect that I will run into a situation where IF will be
useful in the not-too-distant future.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services