List:       fop-dev
Subject:    Re: Javasrc, JXR and documentation
From:       "Peter B. West" <pbwest () tpg ! com ! au>
Date:       2004-07-27 14:59:17

Clay,

Thanks for keeping this on the boil.  The Forrestdoc link you gave me
shows the Javasrc at a much greater level of integration than was
visible when I last looked.  My problem originally was that only
line-number links were provided.  In the current forrestdoc version,
everything is linked in to comprehensive cross-reference web.  Nice.

The appearance of the the source text is not optimal, but there is scope
in Javasrc to correct this, I believe.  There are probably two levels of
tuning.  Firstly, syntax highlighting, and secondly. link presentation.
  The syntax highlighting variations (if any) would be Javasrc
configuration options.  The link presentation would be available through
the CSS used to present the document.  Most things of interest, and,
AFAICT, all links are htmlized with a relevant "class" attribute, so it
is feasible to select the link colour or colours for various classes to
allow appropriate highlighting.

Keywords, although emphasised in the text, are not given a class
attribute, which is unfortunate, but may be tunable.

The source html I used was generated by htmlize.el, an emacs and XEmacs
module by Hrvoje Niksic.  In order to use it, you will need to have an
emacs or xemacs binary available to the build process.  Forrestdoc looks
the far better option.

Peter

--
Peter B. West <http://cv.pbw.id.au/>