List:       focus-virus
Subject:    Re: Time for a change (was N_a_k_e_d W_i_f_e V_r_i_u_s)
From:       Carlos Cardoso <cardoso () HANDS ! COM ! BR>
Date:       2001-03-22 16:14:01

Hummm.. leverage (sp?) by the lowest common denominator?

It's our duty to EDUCATE people, not adapt ourselves to their deluded
security policies.

Your message has an "adult" in it. If someone sets up a porn filter,
will you stop saying "adult" so the guy can still receive your message?

A long time ago I subscribed and unsubscribed to a local brazilian BBS
at the same day. The guys had a profanity filter up, and it was
filtering messages in portuguese with an english dictionary. The answer
of the support: "Yeah, we know, but we don't know how to turn it off.
try to write in portuguese, but check if there are english dirty words
inside your text".

Well, "signed" in portuguese is "ASSinado".  It's a bit hard to think
dirty in one language while writting in another, so I gave up.

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001 08:33:29 -0500
"Barber, Chris" <cbarber@ESTGSECURITY.COM> wrote:

> I have even a better idea... Lets change the subject line.....
> I agree that there are people out there that need some coaching on how to
> properly set up anti-virus policies and filters, but lets face it, there are
> several options that are had by all (I won't list them).
>
> Lets be a little more adult like and stop complaining about those few that
> Can't, won't or don't care to change there way of doing business, and make
> the change ourselves, lets keep the topics flowing and the discussions
> moving and most of all the alerts alerting.
>
> my $.02 worth
> Chris

Atenciosamente,

Carlos Cardoso