List:       focus-virus
Subject:    Re: Naked Wife - Virus? (subject kept just to annoy a few lamers
From:       "Lawrence W. Smith" <lws () JUICECO ! COM>
Date:       2001-03-15 17:44:51

Fairly easily, in reverse order:

1) appropriate user rights v admin rights will prevent you
from disabling the local scanner.

2) the local drive is only writeable to you in a 2 locations,
  your temp and local user areas (or just temp) this is covered
  by the realtime scanner (you couldn't disable in (1))

3) the network drives you have are a mix of readonly and read/write
  but all are covered by real time scanning on the servers
  providing them.

4) many webmail accounts are auto scanned to some extent
  anyway.

5) some webcache / proxies will sweep too