List:       focus-virus
Subject:    CarolinaCon-9 / 2013 - Call for Presenters/Speakers
From:       Vic Vandal <vvandal () well ! com>
Date:       2012-10-11 14:42:24

h4x0rs, InfoSec professionals, g33k girls, international spies, and script kidz,

CarolinaCon-9 will occur on March 15th-17th 2013 in Raleigh NC (USA).  We are now \
officially accepting speaker/paper/demo submissions for the event.

If you are somewhat knowledgeable in any interesting field of hacking, technology, \
robotics, science, global thermonuclear war, etc. (but mostly hacking), and are \
interested in presenting at CarolinaCon-9, we cordially invite you to submit your \
proposal.  Please send;

- your name or handle/alias
- the presentation name/title
- a brief topic abstract (1-2 paragraphs)
- the estimated time-length of your presentation
- a brief bio (100% optional item, but if your talk is chosen it saves the time and \
trouble of asking for it later)

....via e-mail to:
speakers<at>carolinacon.org

The presentation submission coordinator is Zip.  He will send you a receipt \
confirmation email at his first convenience.

*NOTE: All submissions are due BY January 4th, 2013.  However we may be making some \
early selections this year from amongst the submissions, so please be timely in \
submission if you're committed to being part of the elite cadre of chosen presenters. \
We value diversity so please don't hesitate to propose your ideas no matter how \
outlandish.

If you present at the Con, you will receive;

- free CarolinaCon admission for you and one guest
- one free CarolinaCon-9 T-shirt  (l33t)
- free transportation between RDU airport and the conference hotel (if needed)
- minimal fame, glory, and possibly even notoriety
- mad props and much love from our staff and attendees

SPONSORS and/or VENDORS:
We don't accept any, so please don't bother asking.  Capitalism and philanthropic \
knowledge-sharing don't mix in our opinion.  We keep our admission price to the bare \
minimum to cover our venue and equipment expenses.  All of our staff are volunteers \
who generously donate their time and energy.  All of our presenters generously donate \
their time and talent.  The only items sold at CarolinaCon are a limited quantity of \
single-design CarolinaCon t-shirts....and we only make and sell those because \
attendees and staff want them (and because they're cool).

ATTENDEES:
If you are interested in attending, watch this space for more details:
www.carolinacon.org
...and don't forget to mark the March 2013 dates on your calendar.
*NOTE: Please ignore the fact that the CarolinaCon website still hasn't been updated \
since the 2012 Con.  The dates in this message are the real deal for 2013.  The \
website will be updated within the next couple of weeks.

If you have any important (as in not-dumb and not-spam) inquiries about the event you \
can send email to: info<at>carolinacon.org

We look forward to seeing you at our 2013 event.

Peace,
Vic

Attend Black Hat USA, July 28-August 2 in Las Vegas, the world's premier
technical event for ICT security experts. Featuring 30 hands-on training
courses and 90 Briefings presentations with lots of new content and new
tools.  Network with 4,000 delegates from 70 nations.  Visit product
displays by 30 top sponsors in a relaxed setting.

http://www.blackhat.com