List:       focus-virus
Subject:    RE: Looking into implementing Internet and e-mail content filteri
From:       Othenin-Girard Pascal <pascal.othenin-girard () lausanne ! ch>
Date:       2002-08-07 6:16:00

Hello,

Well, i've not so much to say about 8e6 as i didn't know this material, i
would just like to point
you about the Symantec web security (which is if i recall correctly a
successor of mail gear) that
i've tried to implement few months ago. My trouble was that i was using a FW
that was not
CSV capable, and if you intend to put SWS behind a FW then this is a
condition for SWS
running correctly (wich include FW-1 and Cisco i think...NetScreen-10 are
definitly not), i was
told by the symantec support that is possible to mount a SWS behind a FW but
you'll need to
install an internal DNS server, the SWS rely on the MX record of your domain
to work properly.

I didn't got the URL handy but you can find on the symantec web site a forum
about SWS where
you'll find out what trouble people using it have.

Personnaly i was not able to mount it properly (lack of time too),  and
forgot about this product even
if the time i had in hands it looked to me as a nice product with
interesting functions.... the manual
may be available for download at symantec web site, where in you'll found
quite well done (clear)
design of SWS  implemenation..

Regards
P.Girard