List:       focus-virus
Subject:    RE: AV software exploits on the horizon?
From:       "pete" <pete () ideahamster ! org>
Date:       2002-02-08 10:40:53

Rob,
I am just working on the Open Source Security Testing Methodology Manual
(OSSTMM) 2.0 rc4 and am struggling a bit with testing Containment Measures.
You bring up an excellent point about the possibility for AV software
abuse-- something many pen-testers have long understood.  The concept is
similar to your work.  Perhaps you have some ideas for testing these things
which would benefit many people in the open source methodology we are
creating.  Or is it just not possible?

Sincerely,
-pete.
Director of the Ideahamster Organization
http://www.ideahamster.org