List:       focus-virus
Subject:    RE: prosecution of virus/worm authors
From:       "Trejo, Raul Ivan" <ritrejo () kpmg ! com ! mx>
Date:       2001-10-18 16:33:44

The life is quite simple. Don't get complicated it

Returning to the main topic, in Mexico doesn't have laws to punish the
computer crimes, (enough we have with to catch the drug salespersons and to
judge them) the laws of computer regulation are to cause cry.

In USA will be considered terrorists all those that are judged by computer
crimes making the law but it lasts (did that read it in the NY Times) that
if the computer terrorism exists? that is as certain as that I am Mexican
and I eat my food with chili every day (delicious, I recommend them to him),
the computer crimes have always existed and they will always exist. Remember
that the risks are not eliminated, they are mitigated.

On the other hand the world is a chain of necessities, tell me how many of
you they have not had a program at some time without its license installed
in its computers of the house, all we have made it, this thanks to the
crakers.

If virus generators and worms didn't exist Mr. Norton would have to close
their company, and many of us that we work in computer security would not
have work, the hackers is born of not well designed programs, with the
enough holes so that not well deliberate people use them for her benefit,
unemployment another time thanks to them and to the economic value of the
information and the data we have work.

Imagine a beautiful and perfect world without hackers, perhaps this it would
not be a list about security and they would be passing recipes for the cake
of chocolate. all and each one depends on the other ones to exist, we are
for that we allow ourselves to coexist and based on that we make money.

We make money protecting us of the hackers for that we have the bad habit of
eating, that simple.

To learn
It is to discover
what you know already,
to act is to demonstrate that
you know it.

Raúl Iván Trejo
Senior IRM
Information Risk Management
Tel: 81221874
ritrejo@kpmg.com.mx
http://www.kpmg.com.mx/servicios/auditoria_irm.htm

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is \
intended solely for the addressee and access to this email by anyone else is \
unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, \
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is \
prohibited and may be unlawful. KPMG will base its conclusions on the facts and \
assumptions Client submits and will not independently verify this information.  \
Inaccuracy or incompleteness of the information that Client provides could have a \
material effect on KPMG's conclusions.  In rendering its advice, KPMG shall consider, \
the applicable Mexican tax provisions. Advise related to tax matters outside Mexico \
will be based on tax advice provided by the KPMG member firm in the particular \
country, which advice likewise will be based on the facts and assumptions that Client \
submits.  The applicable Mexican and foreign tax regulations are subject to change \
and any of such changes could affect the validity of KPMG's advice.  KPMG will not \
update its advice for subsequent changes or modifications to the law and tax \
regulations, unless Client separately engages KPMG to do so after such changes or \
modifications.