List:       focus-sun
Subject:    Re: Solaris Security Patches - notification formats/methods -
From:       Jed Dobson <jed () WGTECH ! COM>
Date:       2000-05-25 11:16:45

I will shortly post the scripts I use to grab the latest xref file
check with patchdiag and grab the security patches. It is running at a
customer site of mine so it will be a day or so before I'm back out
there.

I don't however, apply these patches. As someone mentioned automated patch
installs (no matter how dull patchadd -d . -b /var/backouts ...etc is) is
something that should be done manually. Ever run out of space and not get
a patch to fully install? You should, of course, always check the READMEs
too and see what is getting replaced or what permissions are changing
(important to review for additions / deletions from tripwire configs)

-jed

Jed Dobson
Sun Enterprise Certified Systems Engineer
Workgroup Technology Partners, an Enterprise Elite Sun VAR!
jed@wgtech.com