List:       focus-sun
Subject:    Re: LDAP (was NIS+ migration)
From:       Bennett Todd <bet () RAHUL ! NET>
Date:       2000-04-28 19:18:27

2000-04-28-14:58:52 Robert G. Ferrell:
> To start with, read RFC 1487:
>
> http://rgfsparc.cr.usgs.gov:8090/sysadmin/rfc/rfc1487.txt

rfc1487 was obsoleted by rfc1777 for LDAP v2, and rfc2251's LDAP v3
should I believe replace both of 'em, at least in theory. But the
first one may well be the most accessible.

Protocol RFCs are frequently turgid to the point of impenetrable,
and these may be the poster children of that movement. I expect refs
like the books, the sendmail.org articles, and maybe materials at
openldap.org are probably more useful.

But the RFCs are _great_ for holding up when you want to flame:-).

-Bennett