List:       focus-sun
Subject:    Re: YP timeouts
From:       Gustav <gustav () DHP ! COM>
Date:       2000-04-06 2:55:44

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Andreas Borchert wrote:

> Gustav, did you add a new NIS server or did you upgrade to Solaris 7
> or 8?

	We added a new server that is running Solaris 7. We have since
done all the ypinit magic to make the slaves recognize the new server as
authoritative.

> ypserv on Solaris [78] has severe problems, see Bug-IDs 4203989 and
> 4248720. We got a not yet released patch for ypserv some weeks ago
> which solved our problem. Our problem sounds similar to yours
> with the added trouble that ypserv sometimes spawned myriads of
> never-ending processes.

	Interesting. Thanks for those bug reports, and I'll be keeping
an eye out for the patch to become official.

--
        Gustav               http://users.dhp.com/~gustav/pgp.html
    Key fingerprint = 84 88 E8 E1 1F 30 55 1E  8B D8 65 0E C2 09 46 E8