List:       focus-sun
Subject:    64-bit GCC (was: Re: ipf, Sunscreen or ?)
From:       Chad Schrock <chad () radix ! net>
Date:       2003-10-23 23:17:32

< From: "Bryan Guest, BMI Internet" <bryan.guest@bmts.com>
<
< Hi:
<
< What happened with IPF that burned you before? I have successfully
< deployed IPF on Solaris 7,8 and 9.

I'm running ipf on my S9 system now; ipf even worked without
a problem on the S9 beta system that I had.

[snip]

< Second, if you are rolling your own on Solaris 9, you can't compile
< 64bit binaries using GCC.  Something beyond me about the way GCC
< makes 64bit binaries for Solaris 9 doesn't work, so you have to
< use the Sun compiler. It might not be a Solaris 9 issue, I have
< only tried the 64bit package there.

Which what version of gcc?  The 64-bit output of gcc has worked
since at least 3.1.  (The 2.x.x releases blew chunks with 64-bit
output on Solaris.)

The last time I built ipf from source I used gcc 3.2.1 or .2 and
ipfx built (and works) without a problem.

chad

--
chad at radix dot net