List:       focus-sun
Subject:    [focus-sun] Re: LDAP replacing NIS...?
From:       Nick Santucci <nick () ucf ! ics ! uci ! edu>
Date:       2003-01-29 19:29:24

> Is there a method of having NIS query LDAP directly?

http://www.padl.com/Products/NISLDAPGateway.html

The NIS/LDAP Gateway, or ypldapd, is a Network Information Service (NIS)
server which uses LDAP as its information source. It permits existing NIS
clients to transparently use LDAP to resolve user, group and host
information. Enterprises can thus realize the benefits of LDAP, such as
its distribution and being scalable, without upgrading clients. Used in
conjunction with LDAP server technologies such as iPlanet Directory
Server, Integration Edition, or Active Directory with Microsoft Services
for UNIX, the software can provide single sign on to both NT and UNIX
clients.

Prices available @

http://www.padl.com/Contents/Purchasing.html

</Nick>