List:       focus-sun
Subject:    Re: Unix Anti-Virus Recommendations
From:       burak dayioglu <dayioglu () metu ! edu ! tr>
Date:       2002-03-11 20:08:33

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Mark Baldwin wrote:
> I am looking for any recommendations on AV products that integrate with
> Sendmail on Solaris (8).  I am currently exploring Mailscanner in
> conjunction with Sophos, and would appreciate any information on this or
> other products that you may have used.

We are pretty happy with AVP here. Having it running for 10K users in a
national university with over 15K messages daily, it works like a charm.
The anti-virus base is frequently (almost daily) updated and detection
engine speaks to sendmail via IPC but not (necessarily) over the
filesystem.

----
Burak DAYIOGLU
Phone: +90 312 2103379      Fax: +90 312 2103333
http://www.dayioglu.net        ICQ UIN: 72276975