List:       focus-ms
Subject:    Performance impact and filesystem audit
From:       "Augusto Paes de Barros" <augusto () paesdebarros ! com ! br>
Date:       2007-01-25 22:31:38

I was wondering if anyone in this group has any metrics about the
impact of enabling file access in NTFS filesystems. I know that it
will depend a lot on how much is being audited and how frequently the
files are accessed, but I'm just trying to find feedback about people
who enabled audit for file servers in general.

There is the myth that there is a huge performance impact, but I've
not seen anything about the impact on the last versions of Windows and
with current disks technology.

Regards,

--
 Augusto Paes de Barros, CISSP-ISSAP(r)