List:       focus-ms
Subject:    Re: Disclaimer on Active/active clustered exchange servers
From:       minichaz <minichaz () acnp ! org ! uk>
Date:       2005-06-21 19:21:09

On Tue Jun 21 11:23 , minichaz  sent:

>Don't bother; disclaimers of this variety are annoying and worthless in court
anyway (IANAL). The number of times I recieve an email from
>someone these days and find that what they have typed is far, far shorter than
the attached disclaimer is just crazy.

>If you really want to have a disclaimer then make it a URL pointing to somewhere
on your website with the full text, don't put it all in the
>message. This makes things easier to update too. At work I do the following.
>
>Disclaimer: http://www.whereiwork.com/disclaimer.html
>
>I'm not familiar with the technology that can be used to insert these in a
mandatory fashion so I can't help you with that.

>Thanks,
>Charlie

A couple of comments I've recieved have prompted me to reply to myself here.

I'd like to point out that the "link" I showed above was meant as an example of
how it might look in an email, not a link to an example disclaimer. I made up the
URL. Perhaps I should have tried harder to invent a domain less likely to be
registered.

In summary: I'm nothing to do with whereiwork.com and that URL goes nowhere; I
just made it up as an example of what you could put in the emails. Jeez.

Thanks,
Charlie