List:       focus-ms
Subject:    RE: SID Manipulation Issue - Cross Domain Security Vulnerabilities
From:       "Laura A. Robinson" <laurarobinson () verizon ! net>
Date:       2005-03-08 1:47:32

It actually came up about 4.5 years ago and was fixed in Win2K SP2- at least
the particular item to which you refer. :-) However, domains are still not,
and never have been, security boundaries in AD, as there are other ways to
use one domain to damage other domains or the entire forest.

SID filtering is unwieldy, unnecessary and inappropriate for the issue to
which you are referring, which was the spoofing of the SIDHistory attribute
on an account from one domain in the forest to use against another domain in
the forest.

So, in a nutshell, the vulnerability to which you refer is quite old.

HTH,

Laura