List:       focus-ms
Subject:    RE: Domain Controller Best Practice - Thanks!
From:       "Chris Costantino" <chris () lschs ! org>
Date:       2005-03-04 3:11:39

Although completely off topic, I feel it is necessary to correct the following \
statement:
<quote>
Second thing to correct is that a DC does not contain any SAM DB whatsoever.
It contains a copy of the Active Directory (NTDS.dit).  This is not a SAM
DB.
<qoute>

A DC does have a SAM database that is used in case Active Directory Restore Mode is \
ever invoked.  If you use use the AD Restore Mode password anywhere else, then you \
are giving away sensitive data.
Chris