List:       focus-ms
Subject:    RE: Frontpage 2000
From:       "Snow, Corey" <CSNOW () ddpwa ! com>
Date:       2002-03-26 17:38:58

> Using frontpage server extensions on a win2000 box, is there anyway to
> block or allow access to frontpage based on IP address.  For instance,
> we need to block access to everyone except IP's in the
> 10.217.2 network
> block.

I think it's a very Bad Idea(tm) to use FP extensions at all on a production
box, even if you only add them to websites which are internally accessible.
A better configuration is to use FP on a development/staging server, then
copy the content via FTP or some other means to your production box.

In my opinion, the level of access required by the FP extensions and the
numerous security modifications they make is enough to justify keeping them
off any box that will be in production or exposed to the Internet.

Regards,

Corey Snow

The information contained in this e-mail and subsequent attachments may be privileged,
confidential and protected from disclosure.  This transmission is intended for the sole
use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.  If you
think that you have received this message in error, please e-mail the sender at the above
e-mail address.