List:       focus-ms
Subject:    RE: Firewall or IDS
From:       "Rocky Stefano" <rstefano () echelonsystems ! com>
Date:       2002-03-19 19:02:34

I DOUBT IT. How can a vendor state that they can break an SSL encrypted
channel in order to detect if an attack is being propagated through it or
not. If that was the case then ecommerce would be dead right now.

Yes they can detect certain SSL exploits and weaknesses but they nor anyone
else can READ an already established and encrypted channel.

At that point you need a good host based intrusion agent on your web server
or host in question.