List:       focus-ms
Subject:    Increase in FTP attempts
From:       PM Systems - Rick Woehler <RWoehler () PMSysCorp ! com>
Date:       2001-10-31 22:20:05

I've not seen this on the list lately but have seen a large increase in the
number of attempted FTP connections I'm getting on our systems.  From the
timing it is definately automated.  Once they discover an FTP server they
attempt to connect as anonymous.  Since it is failing it then goes away.

Any worms out there that are looking for FTP only?  I'd usually mark this up
as someone scanning for port 21 on a large IP block but I'm seeing this
fairly regularly now -on the order of 5-10 times a day.

RW