List:       focus-ms
Subject:    Re: Cache Corruption on Microsoft DNS Servers
From:       Valentin Milev <V.Milev () government ! bg>
Date:       2001-10-31 17:43:45

I have a similar problem - the Cache file was replaced with 3 entries ot 1
addres - free domain name registration and popup advertiser. Because I don't
support these gays, I cannot find reason's for this problem (no one can tell me
who was the last people, working on the server). I think that is result of
Trojan or Java applet, but it's not a hack (the computer was behind firewall,
and I support more than 15 NT servers, connected to internet - thew only
affected machine was this).

The problem was resolved by replacing cache file with correct cache file (you
can take it from your master DNS)

Success!!!