List:       focus-ms
Subject:    RE: MS DNS and AD question
From:       "Jim Harrison (SPG)" <jmharr () microsoft ! com>
Date:       2001-10-26 20:47:13

Hi James,

	My first question would be "why is your AD anywhere near the
Internet?"  ..but ignoring that for the moment, you can separate your
internal and external zones without special security settings in two
ways:
1. Create your internal zone as a logical subzone of your external
(int.domain.tld)
2. Create (and register) an entirely separate zone for the AD and its
children

Do you need to provide zone transfers to external folks at all?

* Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, 2K), A+, Network+