List:       focus-ms
Subject:    RE: Flushing DLLs follow-up
From:       DE VILLIERS IAN <ian.devilliers () bmw ! co ! za>
Date:       2001-10-24 7:13:14

The easiest way to do this is normally by using the Kill utility on the
Resource kit and killing the Winlogon service.  This requires administrative
rights though.

Alternatively, the last time I did this, I used a bug in NT/Win2K posted on
Bugtraq (My apologies - I have forgotten who posted the article but I assume
you can check it in the archives) for which there arent fixes available yet
(to my knowledge).  This involves opening a DOS box, entering a command and
after entering the command, pressing F7 (to display the history) and enter
in quick succession.  This causes a memory dump no matter which user account
is logged on.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ian de Villiers