List:       focus-ids
Subject:    Hailstorm Users Mailing List
From:       Jon Gary <jgary () CLICKTOSECURE ! COM>
Date:       2001-01-16 1:23:33

I have created a mailing list for users of Hailstorm, a fault-injection
tool, with emphasis on testing NIDS systems and software.  The purpose of
the list is for collaboration and discussion of testing methodologies and
the use of Hailstorm to test NIDS and other network systems.  I work for
Click To Secure Labs, the company that developed Hailstorm.  I and Greg
Hoglund wrote almost all of Hailstorm, and will be participating daily in
the discussions.  The list is currently very low-traffic, and will most
likely stay that way, as it is moderated, and I will endeavor to keep noise
to a minimum.  Discussion of security testing in general is also encouraged,
with or without regard to Hailstorm, since I want this to be a forum for the
general discussion of black-box security testing methodologies.

I'm announcing it here because I know that several people on this list use
Hailstorm regularly, and I think that many of you would be interested in
what the discussions have to offer.