List:       focus-ids
Subject:    Re: NetScreen IDS  (X-post)
From:       Jordan K Wiens <jwiens () nersp ! nerdc ! ufl ! edu>
Date:       2003-01-28 16:23:57

Doh!  Time for a big appology here; I just got a friendly reminder from
someone that I wasn't talking about the netscreen IDS, but an entirely
different product.  We were evaling/meeting with a number of different
vendors at the time and I got my wires crossed as to what I was responding
to.

Please disregard my previous comments.  I have never seen the netscreen IDS
product, and can't make any kind of judgement on it, my opinion below was
for a different IDS that will remain unnamed at this point since that's not
what this thread is about.  In fact, people familiar with the Netscreen ids
may very well have been confused what I was talking about, as I doubt the
particular issues below are necessarily relevant to netscreen.

Again, I'm very sorry for the mistake, hope no harm was done.

--
Jordan Wiens
UF Network Incident Response Team