List:       focus-ids
Subject:    Re: new on IDSs (Context-awareness in IDSes)
From:       Umesh Shankar <ushankar () cs ! berkeley ! edu>
Date:       2003-01-28 0:00:26

Hello all,

I'm at student at UC Berkeley (my advisor is David Wagner). Vern Paxson
and I have done work on gathering and using network- and host-specific
information to disambiguate traffic, which we call "Active Mapping".
This lets us perform a more precise analysis. We have a paper coming up
at the IEEE Security (Oakland) conference. A not-quite-final version of
it is available at

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/%7Eushankar/research/active/activemap.pdf

Feel free to contact if you have any questions or would like to try it
out.

Umesh