List:       flume-user
Subject:    Re: Round robin with backoff
From:       Juhani Connolly <juhani_connolly () cyberagent ! co ! jp>
Date:       2012-11-19 4:19:36

I'm guessing that was just a slip with ROUND_ROBIN_BACKOFF => RANDOM.

Rahul: Both RANDOM and ROUND_ROBIN now have backoff semantics in them.
So RANDOM_BACKOFF became RANDOM and ROUND_ROBIN_BACKOFF became
ROUND_ROBIN. It as processors fail, they will be temporarily blacklisted
and the random/round_robin semantics will be carried out on the
remaining sinks as one would expect.