List:       flume-user
Subject:    HDFS sink leaves .tmp files
From:       Chris Neal <cwneal () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-08-29 14:18:27

Hi all,

I have an Exec Source running a tail -F on a log4J-generated log file that
gets rolled once a day.  It seems that when log4J rolls the file to the new
date, the hdfs sink ends up with a .tmp file.  I haven't figured out if
there is any data loss yet, but was curious if this is expected behavior?

Thanks for your time.
Chris