List:       flume-dev
Subject:    Re: Breaking up Flume (again)
From:       Ralph Goers <ralph.goers () dslextreme ! com>
Date:       2023-02-26 18:50:34

The morphline solr sink has a dependency on Kite, which is a project abandoned by \
Cloudera. Someone would have to copy the relevant parts into the morphline repo and \
maintain them there. I have no interest myself in doing that.

I already split the Elasticsearch sink into the flume-search repo. As I recall I had \
problems building it. We have discussed that in other emails. It needs to be \
upgraded. I suspect the API we would have to use has an acceptable license but I \
believe ES itself has licensing problems.

To be honest, I don't know what the deal is with the legacy sources and why we even \
have them. We have an Avro source and Thrift source in Flume Core so I don't know why \
we even keep them around.

I personally don't use Hadoop or any of its related technology. While I know those \
are important, it is likely I personally will only apply PRs to any of them.

Ralph