List:       flume-dev
Subject:    Re: [DISCUSS] Flume NG alpha release
From:       Ralph Goers <ralph.goers () dslextreme ! com>
Date:       2011-11-30 6:57:07

Take a look at http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what as well as the section \
that follows it.  Releases are the only approved way of delivering our software to \
end users. While we can suggest that they check it out from subversion and try it in \
practice that doesn't usually get a lot of traction and it is a bit more difficult to \
report issues.

I also recommend going through with the release as it is an important step in moving \
through the incubator. It is expected that issues will occur during the release and \
having problems occur on an alpha release is less of a problem then on a GA release.

In short, I highly recommend a release.

Ralph