List:       flowscan
Subject:    Re: DoS attack in flowscan
From:       Craig Macdonald <c.macdonald () compserv ! gla ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2004-09-18 20:31:16

> 	but i can't find directive "MaxFileSize" in flowscan.cf.
> 	(i add it in flowscan.cf. but flowscan is failed to recognize it.)
> 	I'm using flowscan 1.006.
My apologies. MaxFileSize is a patch I added. However, you can get the
same effect by setting -s flag on the command line to flowscan.

> 	do you have idea why flowscan need more than O(1) memory space?
> 	(Just wondering.)
This depends on what modules you are using, but essentially flowscan keeps
state. Also Perl isn't great (cant?) at giving unused memory back to the
OS. My flowscan proces stays stable about 600MB.

Help        mailto:majordomo@net.doit.wisc.edu and say "help" in message body