List:       flightgear-users
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-users] Slow Down Time
From:       Sterling Somers <brother_wu () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2012-07-31 19:31:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I have tried both the speed-up (doesn't work) and the frame-rate way.  The frame rate \
way MIGHT work but how much time is simtime in realtime?  Here's a quick bit on my \
project:

I am trying to simulate pilots. The psychology simulation (ACT-R) software I use uses \
a "50 millisecond" time cycle (it does not run in real time). I would like to \
unpause/pause flightgear for every ACT-R cycle, having flightgear run for 50 real \
time milliseconds worth of time, before ACT-R runs it cycle. By slowing flightgear \
down, I was hoping to run it for some amount of time (say, 1 second real time), such \
that flightgear runs for 50 milliseconds of flightgear-simulated time. This is to get \
the simulator and ACT-R as close as possible to be synchronized.

Thanks,

Sterling