List:       flightgear-users
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-users] Re: CVS compile problems
From:       Bernd Pol <bernd.pol () online ! de>
Date:       2005-10-30 21:23:14

Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> * Bernd Pol -- Sunday 30 October 2005 15:24:
>
>> since a few days I am not able to compile from CVS any more.
>> I use Linux 2.6.12, gcc 3.4.3 and keep getting these error messages:

[...]
>   http://mail.flightgear.org/pipermail/flightgear-devel/2005-October/039925.html

I was aware of this one. ;-) Thanks anyway.

A simple update of SimGear didn't help, however. So there might have
been another cause.

I had to do a clean compile from scratch of both simgear and flightgear.
Now it works again, finally.
> PS: Non-english error messages aren't only ridiculous, but also not really
>     helpful. "child killed" -> "Kind getoetet"? :-}

Mea culpa! That indeed was thoughtless of me. :-(

Unfortunately, these error messages somehow seem to be hard coded into
my gcc. I can't get rid of them even if I force an english environment:

LANG=enUS gcc --help

e.g. still produces german responses.

Cheers,
Bernd