List:       flightgear-users
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-users] Plib question / Blacksky comment
From:       Geoff <capsthorne () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-01-25 10:22:35

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 10:15:04 -0800
Andy Ross <andy@plausible.org> wrote:

<snip>

> The code that was supposed to have been commited was
> tested and worked; it was the process that broke.  In
> general, I've found plib CVS to be quite stable.

I worked out that the relevant file was missing and my
recompile a couple of days ago was uneventful.  My point,
which I don't mean to labour, was just that, whilst
developers and knowledgeable users may be able to diagnose a
problem as probably attributable to one or another of plib,
SimGear or FG, there are some of us who could not do that.
It would be embarrassing to post a bug report, and have
people spend time investigating it, only for someone to ask
(10 posts into the thread), whether the OP is (for example),
using cvs plib when everyone (else) knows that you should
not do that. We have all seen that kind of thread.

Regards,

Geoff