List:       flightgear-users
Subject:    [Flightgear-users] Frame rate
From:       "Malosse, Jean-jacques V" <jjmaloss () intergraph ! com>
Date:       2002-04-22 20:34:43

Hi,

I make my tests starting from SFO where I noticed a degradation of the frame rate \
from 110 fps to 70 fps.

For many users, my frame rate is more than acceptable, but I am a bit disturbed.

I do have a nice computer with 1.1 GHz and a GeForce 3 graphic card, but it is for me \
hard to believe that a solwer machine with 250 MHz clock a not such a nice graphic \
card can reduce the frame rate from say 70 fps to 0.3 fps. There may be another \
hidden problem.

I use the latest Nvidia drivers where I keep my file XF86Config on a floppy (not not \
trivial to set!). I gave up Voodoo 3 long ago and I noticed a real dramatic \
improvement going from Voodoo to GeForce (a factor of 6).

I do believe that an original frame rate of 5 fps is not acceptable. It looks like \
something is not right from the very beginning. Also, I gust lost a factor of 2 in \
performance compared to the loss of one order of magnitude.

JJ Malosse